Feta, Broad Bean, Pea and Mint Tartelette
Feta, Broad Bean, Pea and Mint Tartlets
x1 Large Tart or 6 individual tartlets.
- Rub the butter and the flour together until breadcrumbs texture.
- Add the egg and a little water to combine.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for 30mins.
- Once rested, roll out until approx. 3mm thick.
- Line the tin with the pastry and bake blind.
- To bake blind – place the clingfilm in the tart and place baking beans inside. If you do not have baking beans, use rice or flour.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 20mins.
- Cook the broad beans and peas in salted water for 2-3mins and refresh in cold water.
- Then drain and leave to one side.
- Whip the eggs and the yolks together, add the cream, salt and pepper.
- Once the pastry is baked, remove the baking beans.
- Fill pastry case evenly with peas, broad beans and mint.
- Crumble over the feta evenly.
- Pour in egg custard.
- Cook at 150 degrees for 30mins or until the custard feel set.