Check out the video using the link below for a more detailed description on how to cook this lovely meal.
Who doesn't love homemade donuts! Fresh, Light and Fluffy. MMM!
- Warm the buttermilk and 10g of caster sugar (until lukewarm).
- Add the yeast.
- Mix well and leave to prove in a warm place for 30 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
- Combine the dry ingredients - flour, rest of sugar, cinnamon and salt
- Combine separately the wet ingredients – Cream/Yoghurt, butter and egg.
- Once combined add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Once mixed add the yeast and mix well until full combined. Beat for at least 5 minutes, until the mixture forms a dough.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Then mould in preferred size – ensuring they are even.
- Place on baking tray with parchment – cover with cling film and leave in a warm place for at least 1 hour to prove.
- Once doubled in size – cook in oil at 170 degrees for 2 – 3 minutes turning regularly, until evenly golden brown on all sides.
- Combine Cinnamon and Caster Sugar to make the coating.
- Remove the donut from the oil and place on kitchen towel, then roll is cinnamon and caster.
- Leave to cool for at least 10minutes before eating.