Veggie Pie with Sweet Potato Mash
Veggie Pie with Sweet Potato Top
Warming pie packed full of goodness.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a cast iron dish with a lid then add the large diced onion. Whilst the onion is browning cut the carrots into 2cm thick chunks and quarter the mushrooms, add to the pot along with the thyme.
- Pour in the red wine, chopped tomatoes and crumble in the two stock cubes, pop the lid on and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tin of green lentils, including the juices cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into chunks, boil for 20 minutes then mash with the butter, grated cheese and salt & pepper.
- Remove the lid from the dish and spoon on the sweet potato topping. This is best done when the pie mixture has cooled a little. Sprinkle some more cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.